I was never a huge seafood fan growing up so it was one of the very few things I didn’t miss when I first decided to adapt to a vegetarian diet. I couldn’t help but feel curious when I came across these vegetarian prawns whilst shopping at The Green Edge. They are an innovative creation designed to cater for vegetarians looking for more variety. They have the appearance of prawns but the texture of gnocchi and oh my lord they taste amazing! This is my favourite dish at the moment and I’m willing to share it with you all!
You will need…
- 600g vegetarian prawns (or real prawns if you eat seafood)
- 1 can lite coconut cream
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small bunch of kale
- Grate garlic into saucepan on medium heat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Add prawns and cook until golden.
- Cut the ends off the zucchinis, spiral through a vegetable spiralizer and place to the side until you’re ready to serve or measure into your containers if you are meal prepping.
- Pour coconut cream into saucepan with the prawns and cover with a lid until it starts to simmer.
- Chop up kale and add to the saucepan and stir. Let sit for a few minutes until kale has wilted.
- Serve over the zucchini pasta and enjoy!
- Optional: add parmesan or cheese for a cheesy finish.
If you would like to watch the video version of this recipe make sure you check out my latest meal prep video!