For christmas I decided instead of giving my friends and loved ones chocolate I would make a healthier alternative treat and stumbled across a great recipe for peanut butter protein cheesecake by Miss K. I know a lot of the recipes I post are peanut butter related but what can I say, I’m a peanut butter addict!
This recipe will make one large cheesecake or four mini cheesecakes.
You will need…
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp natvia
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup extra light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup no fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup natvia
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix crust ingredients in a bowl and press into cheesecake tin(s). I used 4″ mini cheesecake tins. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor pulse the ingredients for the cheesecake filling until smooth.
- Pour over the crust and set aside.
- If you would like to add a peanut butter swirl, melt down a few teaspoons of peanut butter and drop a circles over the cheesecake and using a knife swirl through the middle of the drops to create a heart shaped pattern.
- Decrease the oven to 150 degrees and bake the cheesecake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin and then move to the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Once set decorate with chocolate, peanuts or more peanut butter!